A Peek at Emily’s Office
Before we take a peek at all of Emily Freeman’s gadget and app recomendations let’s take a peek at her fabulous office space.
Perhaps I should have asked her if it’s always that neat and tidy…? No wonder people loved reading about her home. It’s stunning.
I, however, am glad she didn’t pigeonhole herself there (read her first post for that back story). The world needs the beauty of her words every bit as much as the beauty of her home.
Onwards and upwards…here are all of Emily’s favorite blogging resources:
1. What computer do you use? (i.e. MacBook Air)
2. What kind of phone do you have? (i.e.Samsung Galaxy III)
3. Do you use a tablet? If so, what model? (i.e. iPad 4)
4. What blog platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, Typepad etc)
5. If applicable, what blog theme/child theme do you use? (Genesis, Thesis, WooThemes etc.) Or feel free to use this space to give a shout out to your designer.
Genesis. My blog designer is the lovely Erin at Design by Insight (She is the 4th designer I’ve worked with in 7 years)
6. What web hosting company do you use? Do you recommend them?
Synthesis. So far so good.
7. What app do you use to write your posts?
I write straight in WordPress.
9. What are your most useful computer/web apps?
I have Lightroom but only use it when I want to get fancy. Instead I pretty much just edit my photos straight in iPhoto. I also love picmonkey for adding words to photos and making collages. I use Safari for the internet (mostly) and Skype for podcasting. I’m always listening to Pandora (Ingrid Michaelson channel and/or George Winston channel).
10. What are your most useful phone/tablet apps?
I use my voice memo app on my phone almost daily. I read blogs through Feedly and use Keynote remote for presentations. And of course, Instagram for nice square, cool filtered photos.
11. What other tech do you use? (Camera for photos, mic for podcasting…etc.)
My camera is a Nikon d80 (seven years old – works great). I have a Sigma 18 – 200 lens I use a lot but my favorite camera lens is my Nikon 50 mm Nikkor f/1.8 lens.
I also use the Blue Yeti for podcasting, but that’s not because I know anything about microphones, that’s because I podcast with Tsh and that’s what she sent me. Amen.
Q & A with Emily
What questions do you have about blogging for Emily? Click here to share your thoughts or ask your question!