I just love all that Hayley is doing online with her blog and the Influence Network. (Told you I was going to say that all week long…) She is really taking action and making things happen. She shares a fantastic time management tip/app in her interview today. Read on and enjoy!
Hayley’s Blogging Gadgets and Apps
1. What computer do you use? (i.e. MacBook Air)
2. What kind of phone do you have? (i.e.Samsung Galaxy III)
3. Do you use a tablet? If so, what model? (i.e. iPad 4)
The very first iPad
4. What blog platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, Typepad etc)
5. If applicable, what blog theme/child theme do you use? (Genesis, Thesis, WooThemes etc.) Or feel free to use this space to give a shout out to your designer.
I use themes from Premium Pixels and then customize the CSS.
6. What web hosting company do you use? Do you recommend them?
I use Host Monster and have had nothing but great experiences with them. I’ve had very very little downtime and they are super helpful with any problems or questions.
7. What app do you use to write your posts?
I just write in the WordPress editor within the post.
8. How do you capture your blog ideas? (Notebook, Evernote, Word, Sticky notes etc.)
I use a motley crue combination of Evernote, a million paper lists, and the Notes app & Voice recorder on my iPhone. I’m not super organized or routine, so my stuff is all over the place.
9. What are your most useful computer/web apps?
I really like the Mac App “My Little Pomodoro” for time management. I do great with short bursts of energy/focus and a promised reward (the 5 minute break). I love using Chrome with the Buffer extension.
Since I’m a terrible data hoarder, I normally have about 40 tabs open a time. I’m afraid to lose any information, so I use the OneTab Chrome extension to manage my tabs. It’s a bad sign when you’ve given up tab control and have moved to tab management. Are any of you tab hoarders?? Ooooph!
10. What are your most useful phone/tablet apps?
As far as apps go, I love the Podcast App and ESPN Radio for audio listening. Then, my other most used apps are photo editing apps. I love After Glow (renamed AfterLight), Pic Tap Go, Camera+, and VSCO Cam.
11. What other tech do you use? (Camera for photos, mic for podcasting…etc.)
I use a Nikon D300 and Nikon D5100 for photos and video. I use a Yeti mic for recording the Simple Mom Podcast with Tsh Oxenreider. I use the Adobe Creative Cloud for photo editing and magazine page design.
Q & A with Hayley Morgan
What questions do you have about blogging for Hayley? Click here to share your thoughts or ask your question!