As a blogger, you are self motivated and you have a vision for what you want to do, but how do you actually get things done? While the answers are different for everyone, today’s guest, Crystal Paine shares some fantastic insight into her blogging success.
One thing I’ve long admired about Crystal is that she makes things happen. She doesn’t just talk about doing things, she gets them done. She consistently creates great content and is able to share her life and her wisdom in a transparent and inspiring way.
You’ll learn a lot and be inspired by Crystal today, so grab some headphones and join us for a chat!
Today’s Blogging Wisdom
Tip #1: Be Determined
Crystal was determined to be a stay at home mom. She didn’t have a backup plan, so she kept trying and failing and trying again to make her blog successful. Her perseverance BEYOND failures allowed her to ultimately build her blog, bit by bit, into something even bigger than she had dreamed.
Tip #2: Make Friends
Crystal was very involved in Yahoo Groups (hello 2008) when she first launched her blogs. Those relationships and connections she made were crucial to her success. What Facebook groups or mastermind groups can you be a part of to build relationships so that you can help one another in this blogging journey?
What Else You’ll Learn
Also in this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The first step towards monetizing your blog.
- How to find your voice.
- How to find your niche.
- How to know what to quit.
- Hear Crystal’s inspiring blogging story.
Click to Tweet: “There’s ALWAYS room for YOU in the blogosphere… Be YOU!” – Crystal Paine
1. Crystal’s new book – Say Goodbye to Survival Mode
2. Crystal’s ebook – 21 Days To A More Disciplined Life“>21 Days to a More Disciplined Life
3. Crystal’s Pinterest page (with all her book reading links).
Take Action Now
What is your biggest takeaway from this interview with Crystal? How are you going to take action to improve your blog? Will you join a blogging group or choose to persevere beyond what seems like a failure?
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.