(Note: I had audio issues on this episode and am in process of rerecording it, but I felt so strongly about the content I wanted to post it anyway and make sure you got the information.)
In this podcast I share with you the power of getting stuff done. There is so much information coming at us every day about what to do as bloggers, and today we’re going to address some of my most frequently asked questions about time management, self doubt & growing your audience.
And be sure to listen all the way to the end for a special challenge & giveaway!
Today’s Blogging Wisdom
1. Stop looking at your blog like a blogger – look at it like a business.
2. Ask yourself: what solution is your blog offering?
3. Blog as often as you can blog consistently.
4. Create a time evaluation – determine the time you actually have available to dedicate to blogging. It might be less than you think and adding to your frustration or lack of productivity.
Tweet to Inspire: “There is more power in faithfulness than there is in just talent.” – @inspired2action on @HowTheyBlog
1. Don’t think of each post as it’s own individual contribution, but think of your blog as a larger framework.
2. When you start focusing on the solution that you offer, you stop worrying about all the tasks you’re “supposed” to do.
3. Learn to be a person who does things from start to finish. Have a “no excuses” mindset.
Tweet to Inspire: “Be someone who follows through, even if you do it badly at first.” – @inspired2action on @HowTheyBlog
Growing Your Audience:
1. People forget about daily encouragement, but they come back when you provide a solution.
2. Focus on what you are passionate about and write about that, for people who share that passion – THAT is your target reader.
3. Once you understand the needs of your audience, create a product to meet their needs.
Tweet to Inspire: “Before you start your blog, create a solution for your readers.” – @inspired2action on @HowTheyBlog
1. Ask YOUR question for the next reader Q & A episode here!
Take Action Now
How will you take action on what you learned in today’s episode? Click here to share.
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.