If there is a cornerstone to blogging, mastermind groups are it. Today we’re talking to Trina Holden about how to ask people to be part of a mastermind group, why they’re important, and how mastermind groups will help your blog excel. Get ready to listen with your “brave ears” on!
(FYI – if you’re here to take the survey I mention in the podcast, thank you SO much, but I had some issues with the survey and have not been able to post it yet. Stay tuned!)
Today’s Blogging Wisdom
Tip #1: What is a Mastermind Group & why do you need one?
Mastermind groups often look like a small group of bloggers who have intentionally banded together to invest in one another, share their skills, provide feedback, and promote one another.
Tweet to Inspire: “I came home determined to invest in relationship with other bloggers.” – @TrinaHolden on @HowTheyBlog –> http://wp.me/p2X9YP-SS
Mastermind groups are especially great for smaller bloggers or bloggers just getting started – the group will provide just the feedback you need.
Tweet to Inspire: “Mastermind groups are YOUR blogging team.” – @TrinaHolden on @HowTheyBlog –> http://wp.me/p2X9YP-SS
Tip #2: How to start a Mastermind Group
Tweet to Inspire: “The more intentional you are, the more impact you will have.” – @TrinaHolden on @HowTheyBlog –> http://wp.me/p2X9YP-SS
- Make a list of the people you would like in your group and look for people who are asking the same questions
- Consider your season of life and how many people make sense to invite
- Be confident & send invitations!
- Create a plan & guidelines that work for you and your group – whether it’s an intentional, scheduled time to meet every week, or a more fluid, relaxed check-in
- Think about the lifestyle of the bloggers in your group and find an online solution that works for you:
- Facebook groups
- Google Plus groups
- Conference calls
Tweet to Inspire: “You get as much out of the group as you put into it.” – @TrinaHolden on @HowTheyBlog –> http://wp.me/p2X9YP-SS
- Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey — > Click here
- Declare Conference (I’d love to meet you!)
- Ladder Bloggers – Trina Holden
- How to Start a Mastermind Group – Trina Holden
- Why You Should Be In A Mastermind Group – Amy Lynn Andrews
- Millionaires & Mastermind Groups – Pat Flynn Podcast
Take Action Now
How will you take action on what you learned in today’s episode? Click here to share.
How to Listen to This Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, but I like one called Downcast. It allows me to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
You can also listen via a free app (IOS and Android) called Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – just click here to access the podcast in iTunes. You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.