Today I’m chatting with my friend Crystal Stine again and this time we are talking all about how powerful Conferences can be for your blog growth.
Speaking of blog growth, don’t miss this blogging bundle that my Blog Planning Kit is featured in this week. There are some great resources in there for you!
Conferences are one of my favorite things about blogging. I love meeting friends in real life that I’ve only known online – you create seemingly instant friendships who share your same love for writing and blogging. Today we’re talking about how why we feel conferences are worth it, and how to take advantage of a conference even if you can’t afford to attend!
Today’s Blogging Wisdom
Tip #1: The reward is worth the expense
Going to conferences gives you the opportunity to meet other people who share your passions and helps you create community to help take your writing and your blogging to the next level.
The information you receive at the conference is only the beginning – the connections you make will continue to be a valuable resource long after you’ve gone home.
Tip #2: Conference tips
- Plan for swag! Pack an extra empty bag to take home all the generous gifts from the conference sponsors.
- Take time to meet with the sponsors to see how their programs can help you help your readers change the world.
- Know yourself. It’s okay to have your own room and plan alone time if you’re an introvert.
Tweet to Inspire: “You’ll never regret pretending to be extroverted & meeting more people” – @CrystalStine on @HowTheyBlog –> http://wp.me/p2X9YP-UR
Tip #3: How to attend without actually attending
- Can’t afford to go to a conference? Follow the hashtag on Twitter and Instagram and connect with attendees, ask questions, and take advantage of what they’re learning, too!
- Purchase the conference recordings afterward to hear all sessions and keynotes from home.
Connect with GUEST
How to Listen to This Podcast
New to podcasts? Click here to discover how simple it is to listen and learn.