Today, Melanie shares her favorite blogging gadgets and apps, but first let’s take a look at where she works:
That’s my workspace. I realize it probably looks a lot like the headquarters for Martha Stewart’s media empire. Except not.
I wish it were more impressive, but that’s honestly where I do about 95% of my writing. I keep the blanket nearby in case I get cold.
There’s also a green velvet chair at Starbucks that I visit when I’m really needing to get things done.
Melanie’s Gadget and App recommendations
1. What computer do you use? (i.e. MacBook Air)
2. What kind of phone do you have? (i.e.Samsung Galaxy III)
3. Do you use a tablet? If so, what model? (i.e. iPad 4)
4. What blog platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, Typepad etc)
WordPress – self-hosted
5. If applicable, what blog theme/child theme do you use? (Genesis, Thesis, WooThemes etc.) Or feel free to use this space to give a shout out to your designer.
6. What web hosting company do you use? Do you recommend them?
Synthesis. Yes, they do a great job and are reasonably priced.
7. How do you capture your blog ideas? (Notebook, Evernote, Word, Sticky notes etc.)
Notes on my phone.
8. What are your most useful phone/tablet apps?
Camera (I take all my pictures with my iPhone camera)
Honestly, I am not a real technical person. I can write a blog post, I can upload pictures and I can do a bare minimum of my own tech support. I use Cathy at WordPress Barista and she is my lifesaver. She does everything involving the tech side of my blog.